As one of the most noted trial consultants in the county, Eric Oliver has spent his career helping lawyers obtain hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts. In law school we are taught to think logically, considering and weighing facts and making decisions based solely on evidence. In real life, our persuasive communication skills and the delivery of our case are just as important as the facts behind it.
Eric Oliver's new book, Persuasive Communication, lays out the necessary skills and techniques to teach trial attorneys how to win with jurors, mediators, arbitrators and judges. Eric helps you learn the following skills to win you next case:
- Mirroring—to achieve and confirm rapport
- Storytelling—the approach that makes listeners hear, see and comprehend your story
- Observation—discovering telling behavior in your listener in time to respond
- Decision Making—understanding how people make decisions before they decide
- Sensory Communication—using sight, sound and other senses to reach your listener
- Frames and Language—using your listener's frames and language ahead of yours
- Implication—implying key points rather than declaring (and losing) them
To learn more about mastering persuasive skills, buy your copy today.