Each attendee must register individually as they will need their own login to access the event.
Medical records are the backbone of any personal injury or medical malpractice case. These records are crucial to showing your client’s injury and treatment, and they are often used to calculate damages. Records can range from hospital bills to prescription information and doctor office visits. As a paralegal, it is your job to identify, collect, track, log, and review all of the relevant records in your cases. With complex cases, this can mean reaching out to multiple providers for records covering several years of treatment and care.
Experienced trial paralegal Candess Zona-Mendola will share tips and techniques on the best ways to gather this crucial evidence, keep it organized, and how to summarize your client’s record. A thorough and efficient review of your client’s medical records is key to improving your firm’s case outcomes.
This webinar will cover:
- Proper client intake and determining the scope of your requests
- Obtaining authorization and HIPAA compliance
- Different ways of obtaining records
- What to include in your request
- Where to send your request
- Tracking received files
- Identifying missing records
- Resources to help understand complex medical information
- When to order additional records
- What to look for when summarizing records