Each attendee must register individually as they will need their own login to access the event.
You’ve completed your prelitigation investigation, you have your client’s medical records, and now it’s time to compile the demand letter. Paralegals are an integral part of the process of drafting demand letters in personal injury cases. Under the supervision of an attorney in your firm, you as a paralegal are tasked with putting together a detailed story of your client’s case. Your demand letter should serve as a snapshot of your client’s life and should provide the nuts and bolts of your case for the insurance adjuster.
Seasoned trial paralegal Candess Zona-Mendola will share her time-tested demand letter strategies, including but not limited to:
- The anatomy of a demand letter
- The supporting documentation you need
- Research to complete before starting your demand
- Making sure your client’s injuries and future medicals are properly accounted for
- Accounting for various types of damages
- Collaborating with your attorney
- Telling your client’s story
- Neutralizing bad facts
- Identifying the liability of the defendant
- Editing suggestions
A demand letter is more than just a notice document. It is your team’s position on your client’s case. Make sure you have the tools you need to draft an effective demand letter to best support your team in this vital part of your client’s case.