Each attendee must register individually as they will need their own login to access the event.
Paralegals are often responsible for drafting and editing motions and briefs that are essential parts of every personal injury case. The ability to tell a client’s story or to make a persuasive, complex argument understandable can be just as important as the law that governs a case. In the legal world, writing is not just a skill on your resume; it’s a vital tool that often separates a good paralegal from an amazing one. Having a strong foundation in effective legal writing skills is increasingly important in a field where a single comma can open the door for an opposing legal argument.
Join senior trial paralegal Candess Zona-Mendola as she gives you tips and strategies for improving your legal writing, and your case outcomes. She will cover:
- Why basic writing skills are key
- Why you should ditch “legalese”
- How to write clearly and concisely
- How to be a better storyteller
- How to plan out your writing and use different brainstorming methods
- Where to get feedback
- Where you can go for additional paralegal training and writing tools
Don’t miss out on this one-hour presentation on how you can improve the quality and content of your legal writing.
February 2nd, 2023 ♦ 3:30 PM ET ♦ 12:30 PM PT