Click here for Access Instructions for On Demand Programs.
Each attendee must register individually as they will need their own login to access the event.
Depositions are an essential part of personal injury law. Well-prepared depositions can lead to quicker resolutions, higher settlements, bigger verdicts, and easier trial planning. Paralegals play a vital role in preparing for depositions and the post-deposition process.
A paralegal’s role in deposition preparation involves everything from preparing notices and coordinating schedules to finalizing courtroom or office spaces. Once the coordination is finished, a paralegal’s job shifts to assisting the attorney with preparing to take the deposition. In this presentation, seasoned plaintiffs’ paralegal, Candess Zona-Mendola will review best practices for common deposition preparation tasks, including:
- Reviewing files and identifying special exhibits
- Developing a timeline of events
- Researching relevant legal issues
- Gathering documents in an organized manner for easy access
- Assisting in drafting a list of questions to be asked during the deposition
- Building a trusting relationship with your client
- Setting up client expectations and calming their nerves
Ms. Zona-Mendola will also outline key techniques for post-deposition tasks such as sifting through testimony and summarizing and earmarking information that may potentially be used at trial. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn tested strategies for a more successful deposition prep.
Frequently Purchased Together
Total price: $440.00