Each attendee must register individually as they will need their own login to access the event.
Depositions are an essential part of personal injury law. Well-prepared depositions can lead to quicker resolutions, higher settlements, bigger verdicts, and easier trial planning. Paralegals play a vital role in preparing for depositions and the post-deposition process.
A paralegal’s role in deposition preparation involves everything from preparing notices and coordinating schedules to finalizing courtroom or office spaces. Once the coordination is finished, a paralegal’s job shifts to assisting the attorney with preparing to take the deposition. In this presentation, seasoned plaintiffs’ paralegal, Candess Zona-Mendola will review best practices for common deposition preparation tasks, including:
- Reviewing files and identifying special exhibits
- Developing a timeline of events
- Researching relevant legal issues
- Gathering documents in an organized manner for easy access
- Assisting in drafting a list of questions to be asked during the deposition
- Building a trusting relationship with your client
- Setting up client expectations and calming their nerves
Ms. Zona-Mendola will also outline key techniques for post-deposition tasks such as sifting through testimony and summarizing and earmarking information that may potentially be used at trial. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn tested strategies for a more successful deposition prep.