Morgan Adams is recognized as one of America’s best trucking lawyers. In this
video, he provides inside tips for how to write demand letters for trucking cases.
- How to find all the insurance for the tractor and trailer
- How, and why, settling a trucking case is different from settling an auto case
- The differences in insurance and how insurance companies handle trucking cases
- How to ensure that you have qualified experts for a trucking case
- The value of preparing for trial in order to get optimal settlement offers
- Methods used by trucking insurers and defense counsel to get you to accept less than full value
- The potential problems of using monetary numbers in your demand letters
- The triggering effects of your demand letter on multiple layers of insurance
- When the optimal time is to send your trucking demand letter
- Working with multiple layers of insurance
- Getting the adjuster to reconsider a bad offer
- Video demand packages
- The pros and cons of prelitigation mediation
- Bad faith claims adjusting in trucking cases
If you handle, or would like to handle, trucking cases, this video teaches you how
to obtain more complete compensation for your clients.
*PLEASE NOTE: This lecture is one part of the full 13-hour Demand Letters video sold by Trial Guides. This video includes highlights from an exclusive live event for lawyers. Certain exclusive content has not been included to preserve the value of attending the live event. Similarly, this video does not include the extensive written materials from the conference. Visit our Seminars & CLE page to find the next comprehensive Trial Guides seminar where you will learn even more.
2. A Different Approach to Trucking Demand Letters
3. What Law Applies in a Trucking Case?
4. The Value in Bates Stamping Demand Packet Documents
5. Prepare for Trial to Get a Good Offer
6. Truck Wrecks Are Not Big Car Wrecks
7. Trucking Insurance Is Different
8. Direct Negligence versus Vicarious Negligence
9. The Three Numbers in Trucking
10. The Problem with Using Monetary Numbers in the Demand
11. Triggering Effects
12. When and Where Does the Bad Faith Occur in a Trucking Case?
13. Why Are You Sending the Demand Letter?
14. When Do You Send the Demand Letter?
15. The Adjustor’s Reaction
16. Dealing with Multiple Layers of Insurance
17. Getting the Adjustor to Reconsider a Bad Offer
18. Video Demands versus Paper
19. Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act
20. Insurers Investigate Lawyers and Clients
21. Don’t Be a Jerk
22. Using Old IMEs to Fight Preexisting Symptoms in Settlement
23. Injuries That Are Missing from the Client’s Medical Records
24. Authority versus Evaluation
25. Expectations in Negotiation and Mediation
26. Concerns about Turning Treating Doctors into Experts
27. Presuit Mediation
28. Bad Faith Claims
29. Standard of Care Is Different Because of the Commercial
30. There is a Duty to Train Truck Drivers
31. Pressing Buttons or Using a Cell Phone is Banned while
32. Q&A: Setting Claim Value
33. How Do You Trigger Letters between Insurers?