The authors of Rules of the Road return with this practical guide to all aspects of successfully representing patients in medical malpractice lawsuits. Straightforward and accessible, this book provides essential advice not merely for malpractice cases but also for all civil cases.
Readers will find answers to questions such as:
- How do I best frame my case to show the jury that a verdict for the plaintiff will improve community safety?
- What are the most powerful “Rules” that will show the jury why the patient deserves to win and that will motivate jurors to deliver full justice?
- How do I best use my expert witnesses and keep them from stepping into defense traps?
The authors show step-by-step, with detailed annotations of actual trial transcripts, how to:
- Construct an effective opening statement
- Burst the credibility balloon of the defense expert
- Lay the evidentiary groundwork for a powerful closing argument
- Use literature to the best effect
- And much more
This title is part of the Rules of the Road™ series by Trial Guides™